Weston (location map
Tuesday, 9:30 AM - 10:15 AM
01/09/18 - 03/13/18 (10 weeks)
Our Music Together Mixed Age classes provide weekly music classes in a setting that is geared towards children from birth through age five.
- This class follows the recommendations of child development researchers in grouping children of a variety of ages in one class.
- The approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
- Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments.
- We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
- During the Fall, Winter and Spring semesters, classes meet once a week for 10 weeks. During the Summer, classes meet once a week for 6 weeks.
- You will receive two professionally recorded CDs and illustrated songbooks semester so you can continue your music-making fun at home,
- New families will receive a copy of “Music Together at Home: Helping Your Child Grow Musically” parent DVD.
To see a mixed ages class in action, check out this wonderful video at MusicTogether.com.